Why I Love Editing My Photos

1:37 AM

[WARNING! Long rant coming your way.]


I love editing my photos. I love making them look nice and presentable. I like how my photos look timeless and not just 'shoot & post'. I am really careful as to which photos I share. I want people to look at them and appreciate them, even if they're just photos of me.

I love editing my shots, be it from a DSLR or a phone, I will edit them. Be it known as well that I am an amateur photographer and I own a Rebel XS with a Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 Macro OS HSM lens because I love macro. I want to make sure that the brightness, contrast, saturation, and whatnot are on point. I want the colors to pop. I want to look at it a few years from now and still be in awe at how it looks, even if sometimes they're just photos of me.


I learned how to use Photoshop when I was in high school. I started getting better and better at it over time. Then the era of smartphones came, and lots and lots of applications sprouted like mushrooms. I started with Photoshop Express on my iPhone, Camera 360 to Photoshop Express on my Note 2, until VSCO came, and the rest is history.

Recently, I've been editing my photos on VSCO because it's easy to use. Although there are a lot of free filters, I mostly just use three (HB1, T1 and LV3, occasionally B5 and X1), but that's just about it. The only reason why my photos look like it has different filters is because I know how to press that little arrow on the bottom of the screen which gives you another set of icons, and I press that little wrench icon for a more complex editing which I got used to with Photoshop. I know how to tweak the options to give me a more personalized 'filter', if you must call it that. You can even tweak the intensity of the filter, right?

I also edit my photos because I want the acne scars and the little imperfections on my face not to look visible. I want my eyebags not to look as dark as they are. I want to look presentable. Is that so bad?

So I don't really understand why editing my photos has become such an issue over time. It's not like I don't post ugly pictures of me, because I certainly do. I am not as pretty as those people who can just go out of the house without makeup on, although I don't really care and I just go out without makeup on actually because image? WHAT IMAGE? LOL. I don't care if you see me with my mouth wide open, eyes popping out of their sockets, nostrils flaring, and just simply with a contorted face. I have a very animated personality in real life, and I have a wide range of facial expressions.

I don't see anything wrong with people posting candid shots of me because it's me. I look like that in real life. I am not ashamed of how I look because it's not like I don't stand in front of people every single day at work. But even so, when I post edited pictures of me, do I not look like me still? Well, as a matter of fact, I actually DO. I still have the same /fair/ skin, colored hair, wide forehead, thin eyebrows on fleek LOLsmall eyes, fat nose, thick defined lips, chubby but naturally contoured cheeks, prominent collarbones and a huge bosom. What's the fuss about, then? Can somebody please explain to me why there is just so much hate? Can people please move on with their lives and carry on living? It certainly should not concern anybody if I edit my photos because I still look like me regardless. 

And this is also to tell people to FUCKING MIND YOUR OWN GODDAMN BUSINESS. What does not concern you should not make you any less productive than you already are. The hate you give off to things that does not concern you may mean that you are (1)envious, or (2) you don't have a life. Either way, you need to check your life choices and decisions.


THAT IS ALL. 









Bisous,


The Hair Goddess



You Might Also Like

0 comments