The First Post

5:11 PM

OVERVIEW


Hi! My name is Blanche. I am a 26-year-old Comms Trainer who just happens to love changing my hair color when I'm bored. I started from the simple light brown to drastic blondes, until I decided to try feiry red. The rest is history.



I also write unnecessary shit (aka prose poetry) sometimes. Hence, this blog was born.



About the blog name:




Some of my friends have taken the liking to call me 'The Hair Goddess' for my *coughs*mad*coughs* skills in dying my own locks and my friends' locks. The URL name, however, is already taken. Mane is not merely just a synonym of hair, but is also a wordplay to represent my first name 'Marianne'. Take of a few letters off, and yeah. Mane. :D




When did it all start?



It all started when I was 2 or 3 years old. My aunt owned a hair salon called "Sophistilook", one of the salons in the heart of Cebu City. I basically grew up there until such time my aunt went to the US, and my mom grew tired of taking care of the salon. I grew up getting used to seeing different people changing their hairstyles almost everyday. I was, I think, in fifth grade when I first started changing my hairstyle. At first, it was just light brown, dark auburn, and such. But not until I was 15, on my birthday, when I asked my mom that I wanted to have my hair rebonded and colored (at the same time) as a birthday present. That was the very first time I had a drastic change of hair color. The color was orange blonde. I was in high school. Catholic school. Run by nuns. Yep. Hehehe.



Why?

I don't exactly know why. I just like the change? I kind of like looking different even if my mom is against it. I don't like standing out like a sore thumb but it can't be helped, I guess. I have this fascination for colors, but I absolutely do not like wearing bright colored clothing because of how huge my boobs are, so I guess that's why I opted to dye my hair in weird colors instead.



How do you do it?

I do it myself. At home. In front of the mirror. As I've said, I change my hair color when I'm bored. I'd be dead broke if I go to a salon and have it done there, y'know. 



But seriously, it takes a lot of patience and free time. Sectioning, soaking and timing are three of the most important parts in coloring your hair, and the main aspect would be the type of hair you have. My hair, despite my appearance being really asian, is not as asian as it should be, so bleaching doesn't take forever and coloring is a breeze. It only takes two sessions of low-intensity bleaching (with a minimum of three to a max of 24-hr interval between sessions), and my hair is already pale yellow. This is something that would take 3-5 high to low intensity bleaching at 1-2 weeks interval plus toner so as not to get brittled hair. Anyway, you're probably thinking that I'm speaking in gibberish right now, so  I shall thoroughly discuss the bleaching process in a separate post, soon. :)

Aaaand yeah, I hope you enjoy my blog and hope my posts are of any help to your hair escapades x #hairgoals in the future. Comments, suggestions and violent reactions are welcome. Just visit my ask.fm.



Till later!






Bisous,
The Hair Goddess

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hi! I've always wanted to dye my hair or bleach my hair but I've heard it kills your locks which is why I haven't done it. Is this true or do you bleach your hair in a manner that doesn't kill it? Thanks and more power to you and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola! It does kill your locks if you overdo it. Depending on the kind of hair that you have, there is a way to bleach the hair so as to keep it /alive/. If you hurry up the process, your hair will be brittled, or worse, it'll fall off. XD

      Delete